Use if move meeting back to Kemp.
The meeting will take place at the Kemp Natural Resources Station in Woodruff, Wisconsin. The station is ~ 220 miles north of Madison, WI and 220 miles east of St. Paul, MN. Lodging, food, and beverages (excluding alcohol) will be covered by the USDA CAP fund. An Alcohol Beverage Permit will be approved for individuals wishing to consume alcohol at the station. There is no registration cost. However, we ask that all workshop participants register here to assist in workshop planning and logistics. Travel to and from the workshop is not covered except for 8 competitive travel fellowships. Possible airports (CWA recommended) to fly into and approximate driving time to the station include:
- Wausau, WI (CWA) – 1 hr, 35 min (listed as Stevens Point/Wausau by airlines but is actually in Mosinee, WI)
- St. Paul/Minneapolis, MN (MSP) – 5 hrs drive
- Madison, WI (MSN) – 3 hrs, 40 min
- Green Bay, WI (GRB) – 3 hrs, 20 min
An interactive map can be found here:
All workshop sessions will occur in the Boathouse Classroom below the lodge and overlooking the lake.
Reserved lodging includes the following rooms in The Lodge: Wintergreen, Hemlock, Lakeview, and Star Flower. Check here for more details. Image below shows the Main Lodge (from Kemp website). The cabin is also reserved.
- Numbers in parentheses indicate number of single beds in each room
- Lakeview has 4 sets of bunk beds
- FP = fireplace, IFP = inoperable fireplace
In the past, meals have been cooked by workshop participants and is considered part of the “Kemp Experience”. Please indicate any food allergies or requests in the Comment space below or during registration.
You must be logged in to post a comment.