Eight travel fellowships will be offered and include up to $886 for travel and subsistence. Funding is kindly provided by the National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA), USDA coordinated agricultural project: “Integrated management of oomycete diseases of soybean and other crop plants”. The fellowships are open to:
- Postdoctoral fellows
- Researchers studying oomycete diseases of other crops
- Researchers from under-represented groups
Submit a one to two page vita or biosketch and an application no more than one page long describing (downloadable form in pdf format):
- Your research interests,
- How the workshop will assist in your research,
- Ways you plan to disseminate training and information obtained at the workshop to your home institution.
Applications in PDF format only, can be emailed to: jshuman at vt.edu. Please name your files accordingly:
- lastname_firstname_vita (e.g. shuman_joel_vita)
- lastname_firstname_application (e.g. shuman_joel_application) OR if combining files
Deadline: September 28, 2015 (applications submitted after the deadline may be considered if funds and positions are available and only after applications received on time have been evaluated). Applicants will be notified no later than October 2, 2015.